Ah, let this be a warning to you. The following post is about petty girl problems. This is not a life and death situation. This is not about something that is going to affect world hunger or peace. It is a stupid, petty girl problem, but I need a place to gripe about it anyways. Thanks!
Thai coffee over ice.
This post came about because I discovered a fun and easy way to make collages! After I was done making collages of random pictures, I wanted to make one that was cohesive. I decided to pull together all of my favorite daily products. I am absolutely a creature of habit, and these are just a few of the things that have found their way into my daily routine.
A Sweet Pea Chef
I’m going to keep this short because I need to get my beauty rest for tomorrow. Basically, all I am saying is for me to be a nice and courteous person tomorrow, I should get at least 7 hours of sleep.
In a past post, I think I mentioned how I want to become a do-er. A person who does things instead of taking a lot of naps and not.. er.. doing things. Not that there is anything wrong with that. And after I do my heart out tomorrow, I’m going to do some more this weekend. My mission, should I choose to accept, make horchata.
Last summer, I made horchata popsicles from Etsy before our Magic Bullet died. But hey! I just got my Ninja Blender in the mail, and I am ready to blend things! Have a lovely weekend!
When I got home from work on Tuesday night, the other human in the house pointed to my camera on the counter.
“What’s my camera doing out here? Do you want me to look at a picture?”
1. It was a beautiful weekend full of sun. I think I definitely appreciate the sun more since I’ve moved to the Pacific Northwest. I worship the sun. I can feel the vitamin D soaking into my skin and into my system. I take a picture on my phone whenever there is a sunny day for proof, for hope when it is gray for days on end.
2. My orchids haven’t died yet. I see my black thumb slowly turning.. brown? I actually planted flowers in a pot today:
… cross your fingers for them. The basil that lived in that pot the year before died. Actually, it was like three different basil plants after the summer was through.
3. I need to start cooking again. I made a proper dinner for the guy and I Sunday night, and I felt so out of sync with my kitchen.
4. Home Depot is full of do-ers on a Sunday morning. Lots of do-ers. I need to become a do-er.
5. Digging up razor clams is a fun activity. Sucking up razor clams with your clam gun works out your upper body. Cleaning 30 razor clams, well, it just plan sucks. That comes from almost two hours in front of the sink and a cut to the thumb.
Can it be summer yet? And by that, I mean margarita season? And by margarita season, I mean, when is it going to be warm? My second winter in Washington, and I am about to lose my mind. Some would say I am being greedy since we had a beautiful, sunny, 60 degree day this past weekend. But I want more! Also, I would like more that don’t involve seasonal allergies. I am a sniffling mess strung out on allergy meds already.
Oh yikes. These last few weeks have been a blur. Life has been crazy in terms of work and play. I am ready for a white sandy beach with a fruity umbrella drink in my hand. Alas, that fantasy is not the cards for the foreseeable future. Maybe if I finally plan this wedding, a honeymoon along those lines will come true.
R and I have been rethinking a lot about the foods that we eat. He has started to realize that gluten may not be so good for his system. I have started to realize that I may not so lactose tolerant as I once was. And as we get older, we want to make sure we are taking care of our bodies. It is a lot harder than I thought. It is definitely easier to get take-out Chinese than it is to cook a meal at home. But we are trying! And trying means it’s okay to come home with a carton of brownie chocolate swirl ice cream once in a while.